- WP0: Requirements Analysis
Reviewed and assessed the current state-of-the-art and identified emerging and future requirements in the field of network monitoring.
- WP1: Monitoring Architecture Design
An in-depth study of the various engineering options for designing an open and extensible architecture from the hardware level to the application programming interface, including the crucial middleware for resource control, resource sharing and security.
- WP2: System Implementation
Implemented the hardware and software components of the SCAMPI platform, conducted integration and testing, and developed monitoring tools.
- WP3: Experimental Evaluation
Evaluated the components, architecture and monitoring tools in various environments to provide feedback for architecture refinement, and producing an overall assessment of the SCAMPI platform.
- WP4: Project Management and Dissemination
Project coordination tasks, public dissemination and workshop organisation.
- Herbert Bos, Willem de Bruijn, Mihai Cristea, Trung Nguyen & Georgios Portokalidis; FFPF: Fairly Fast Packet Filters; Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI'04), San Francisco, USA, 6-8 December 2004. [PDF]
- Trung Nguyeny, Mihai Cristeay, Willem de Bruijn & Herbert Bos; Scalable network monitors for high-speed links: a bottom-up approach; Proceedings of 2004 IEEE International Workshop on IP Operations & Management (IPOM'04), Beijing, China, 11-13 October 2004. [PDF]
- Jan Coppens, Stijn De Smet, Steven Van den Berghe, Filip De Turck & Piet Demeester; Performance Evaluation of a Probabilistic Packet Filter Optimization Algorithm for High-speed Network Monitoring; Proceedings of 7th IEEE International Conference on High Speed Networks and Multimedia Communications (HSNMC'04), Toulouse, France, 30 June - 2 July 2004. [PDF]
- V. Siris & F. Papagalou; Application of Anomaly Detection Algorithms for Detecting SYN Flooding Attacks; Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (Globecom 2004), Dallas, USA, 29 November - 3 December 2004. [PDF]
- J. Coppens, E.P. Markatos, J. Novotny, M. Polychronakis, V. Smotlacha & S. Ubik; SCAMPI - A Scaleable Monitoring Platform for the Internet; Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Inter-Domain Performance and Simulation (IPS 2004), Budapest, Hungary, 22-23 March 2004. [PDF]
- I. Sourdis & D. Pnevmatikatos; Pre-decoded CAMs for Efficient and High-Speed NIDS Pattern Matching; Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual IEEE Symposium on Field Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM 2004), Napa, USA, 20-23 April 2004. [PDF]
- S. Antonatos, K.G. Anagnostakis, E.P. Markatos & M. Polychronakis; Performance Analysis of Content Matching Intrusion Detection Systems; Proceedings of the IEEE/IPSJ Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT 2004), Tokyo, 26-30 January 2004. [PDF]
- S. Antonatos, K.G. Anagnostakis & E.P. Markatos; Generating Realistic Workloads for Network Intrusion Detection Systems; Proceedings of Fourth International Workshop on Software and Performance (WOSP 2004), Redwood City, 14-16 January 2004. [PDF]
- I. Charitakis, K. Anagnostakis & E. Markatos; An Active Traffic Splitter Architecture for Intrusion Detection; Proceedings of 11th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2003), Orlando, October 2003. [PDF]
- Herbert Bos & Bart Samwel; HOKES/POKES: Light-weight resource sharing; Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Embedded Software (EmSoft'03), Philadelphia, October 2003. [PDF]
- I. Charitakis, D. Pnevmatikatos, E. Markatos & K. Anagnostakis; S2I: a Tool for Automatic Rule Match Compilation for the IXP Network Processor; Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Software and Compilers for Embedded Systems (SCOPES 2003), Vienna, 24-26 September 2003. [PDF]
- Jan Coppens, Steven Van den Berghe, Herbert Bos, Evangelos Markatos, Filip De Turck, Arne Øslebø & Sven Ubik; SCAMPI: A Scalable and Programmable Architecture for Monitoring Gigabit Networks; Proceedings of E2EMON Workshop, Belfast, 7 September 2003. [PDF]
- Ioannis Sourdis & Dionisios Pnevmatikatos; Fast, Large-Scale String Match for a 10 Gbps FPGA-based Network Intrusion Detection System; Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL2003), Lisbon, September 2003. [PDF]
- K. G. Anagnostakis, E. P. Markatos, S. Antonatos & M. Polychronakis; E2xB: A domain specific string matching algorithm for intrusion detection; Proceedings of the 18th IFIP International Information Security Conference (SEC2003), May 2003. [PDF]
- Luca Deri; Passively Monitoring Networks at Gigabit Speeds using Commodity Hardware and Open Source Software; PAM 2003, April 2003. [PDF]
- Sven Ubik & Pavel Cimbal; Debugging end-to-end performance in commodity operating systems; Proceedings of 1st International Workshop on Protocols for Fast Long-Distance Networks (PFLDnet 2003), Geneva, November 2002. [PDF]
- Herbert Bos, Bart Samwel & Mihai Cristea; Safe Execution of Untrusted Applications on Embedded Network Processors; Domain-Specific Processors: Systems, Architectures, Modelling and Simulation, published by Marcel Dekker Inc, December 2002. [PDF]
- Herbert Bos & Bart Samwel; The OKE Corral: Code Organisation and Reconfiguration at Runtime using Active Linking; Proceedings of IWAN 2002, Zürich, December 2002. [PDF]
- Evangelos Markatos, Spyros Antonatos, Michalis Polychronakis & Kostas Anagnostakis; Exclusion-based Signature Matching for Intrusion Detection; Proceedings of IASTED International Conference on Communications and Computer Networks (CCN 2002), October 2002. [PDF]
- Herbert Bos & Bart Samwel; Safe Kernel Programming in the OKE; Proceedings of OpenArch 2002, New York, June 2002. [PDF]